Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting ready for Uganda







For those of you who are following my mission trip to Uganda--welcome. I have hosted 5 "Dress a Girl" sewing nights and by mid May have over 180 dresses to take with me to Uganda. Thanks to each of you who have contributed your talents to making these wonderful little dresses. Cammie (from North Coast Church) modeled a dress for all to see. 24 women attended the sewing night. I am overwhelmed by the graciousness of each one of you and I will be taking you with me when I leave in late June. God is good! Thank you especially to those who have donated multiple completed dresses--Lorna, Janet, Robin, Lissa, the women of Holy Name of Mary in San Dimas and Debbie and the Kiwanis Club of Orange. Thank you to Susan and Teresa for adopting 5 ladies in the "Hope 4 Women" in Uganda. This program rescues a woman from the grips of HIV/AIDS and poverty by sending a woman through business training course and puts her on the road to owning her own business.
1 Peter 4:10-12 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms...If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ".
Thank you and Bless You,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment